|Name of Pregnancy book:
|Number of Pages:
- 279 pages: Main guide
- 31 pages: From PMS to PPD: Understanding the phases of the female body
- 57 pages: The ultimate guide to relaxation
- 12 pages: Pregnancy week by week
|Number of chapters:
||6 chapters in the main guide
- Anatomy and how it affects fertility: pages 20-36
- Understanding infertility: pages 37-66
- A new look at fertility: East vs West: pages 67-95
- 5-step plan: 96-222
- What to do during the program: 223-240
- Special circumstances: advanced age, unexplained infertility, endometriosis, fibroids etc.: 241-263
- Appendix 1: Alternative medicine: Yoga, Homeopathy: 264-269
- Appendix 2: IVF: Yoga, Homeopathy: 270-277
(the chapter titles mentioned above are shortened versions of the exact titles of the Pregnancy Miracle book)
Pregnancy Miracle – The Background/The author’s story
Lisa Olson suffered from “Impaired Fecundity” better known as ‘infertility’. She didn’t get pregnant, her doctors didn’t find any obvious physical problems with either her or her husband, and said that she suffered from “non-specific infertility”. In other words, she belonged to the group of 7.4 million infertile women. in the USA. However, she was stubborn, did not buy her doctors’ advice and was determined to become pregnant. Making use of her knowledge as a nutritionist, she went on to do her own research, tested them on herself ……… but still no results after years of research. Then she meets this Chinese mid-wife. During a conversation with this woman, Lisa finds something that she believed was the missing part of her puzzle. Few months after this, at the age of 43, she becomes pregnant and gives birth to her first daughter at the age of 44 and a second child later on. She thought it would be too selfish to keep the ‘secrets’ she learned to herself and thought she should share it with the millions of infertile women all over the world. According to the author, this is how ‘Pregnancy Miracle’ was born.
So she does her first experiment….
- 35 women with ages ranging from 28-47 years with various causes of infertility
- 27 of the 35 women give birth to healthy babies
…and writes the book, Pregnancy Miracle
Highlights of the miracle method – the author’s claims
- That her system is completely NATURAL
- No drugs, no hormones,
- Reverses BOTH male and female infertility
- Works even on older women (late 30s – 40s)
- Works even on women with pathological conditions like tubal obstructions, PCOS, endometriosis, lazy ovaries, fibroids, uterine scars, hormonal imbalances, history of miscarriages, low sperm count etc. etc.
- Best Selling Program of its Kind on the Entire Web for 3 Years in a Row!
Sounds too good to be true?
That’s what we thought when we read it all.
So we bought the book… and here is our Pregnancy Miracle Review…
|The basic principle of the book:
- Infertility is often NOT a localized (localized to a particular organ) problem, but rather a systemic (involving the whole body) problem.
- For example, PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is NOT always a primary problem of the ovaries (latest research suggest that it may be related insulin and other hormonal imbalances). Similarly, endometriosis is not always a primary problem of the uterus (latest research suggest that it may be related to sub-optimal functioning of the immune system).
- Infertility is usually a condition affecting the whole body. Therefore, fixing your ovaries or uterus alone is not sufficient. The ‘whole body’ has to be fixed. This is what this book focuses on, re-establishing the disturbed natural ‘balance/equilibrium’ in your body. That’s why they use the phrase ‘holistic approach’
- Hormonal treatments or IVF DON’T fix the root problem. They just mask the underlying primary cause and try to force a pregnancy on a human body that doesn’t want to be pregnant. That’s why the success rate on those procedures is so low. Mother nature doesn’t want a pregnancy to occur in a body that’s not 100% ‘fit’. Pregnancy Miracle is all about making your body ‘fit’, so that you naturally become fertile and get pregnant naturally. This is the main difference of this infertility treatment guide compared to others
|How does it help you re-establish natural balance?
- The book recommends a holistic and ancient Chinese system that is able to re-establish the natural equilibrium of different organ systems
- The entire system has been simplified to a 5 step multi-dimensional approach that can be followed by women all over the world
- Some of them are nutrition related:
- like the BEST fertility foods that you should eat
- and the WORST foods for fertility that must be avoided if you want to get pregnant (pages 107-120)
- like which vitamin/mineral supplements to take – no it’s not just Folic acid
- like eat ——- vegetables – who would have guessed!
- Avoid ——- products (page 109) - this was a shocker! Well… we looked at the scientific data and some scientists agree with this while others think there isn’t enough data to back up the findings. Either way, it doesn’t hurt to stay away from this for a few months in exchange for a healthy pregnancy
- Some of them are non-food related:
- like what TO DO and NOT TO DO before and after ovulation (pages 100-103)
- like the 8 commandments on pages 103 and 104
- like when TO and when NOT TO exercise
- Because the system is aimed at achieving natural equilibrium in a systemic manner, not only infertility, but generally other ailments also typically get cured (e.g. regain consistent periods, reversal of depression, mood swings, PMS and anxiety, get rid of bladder pressure, bloating and digestive disorders, feeling more energetic, thicker hair and healthier skin and nails, increased mental clarity, enthusiasm and vitality etc. etc.)
|How easy/difficult is it to follow the guidelines?
- We were also pretty nervous about how practical it would be to follow these ‘ancient Chinese methods’ in a modern western culture. However, we were pleasantly surprised and there was nothing that was extreme about the Pregnancy Miracle method. Step 3 of the 5 step process may be a little difficult to some of us, but steps 1,2,4, and 5 are very straightforward.
- Certain dietary supplements suggested like —— oil on page 118 and ——- extract on page 116 may not be readily available in every household kitchen. However, the book provides the exact product names and suggest names of shops with their website addresses that you can buy these supplements from. This kind of shopping may give you a little bit of inconvenience at the beginning. But, doing one round of shopping in exchange for a healthy pregnancy shouldn’t be too much of a burden for a woman determined to get pregnant. Especially given that these methods are 100% natural and do not involve artificial hormone/drug therapy or surgery, there is certainly no reason for complaining.
- Examples for kinds of things you may not readily have at home are like the magic 3 —— mentioned on page 114.
- In contrast, the food items listed on pages 125-127 are basic groceries that we shop every week. Most of it is bound to be in every kitchen.
|Anything we hate about it?
- “Hate” is not the right word, but there are a couple of things that we think aren’t really practical.
- One is on page 124 where they say that you can reduce exposure to certain toxins (there are various toxic substances in the environment all around us that can have adverse effects on our fertility) by installing a ………. system in our homes. Well, in our opinion there are about 280 million homes in the USA without these ………. systems. No, the women in these houses are not infertile!
- A second point on the same page says a particular glue used in ……………. releases toxic molecules on a daily basis and that it could be replaced with ……….. or ………… Again, probably about 90% of the women in the USA are exposed to this glued down material and fertility of most of these women is doing just fine!
- Of course, it’s a comprehensive book covering all possible sources of infertility and they have to list all that. But that doesn’t mean the reader has to think that they ought to do EVERYTHING the book says in order to get pregnant. It would certainly not harm to take the above two measures, but they’re expensive and impractical for most people. And 99.9% of the ‘infertile’ people reading this book can probably become pregnant without implementing these two measures.
- This page has 17 testimonials from women who followed the Pregnancy Miracle method and became pregnant. Are they genuine? We don’t know, we haven’t met any of these women in person. But I doubt they can publish fake testimonials like that and get away with it for 8 years (the book first came out in 2005)
- Here are some of the testimonials given on this page
- “Using your system I got pregnant naturally at age 44!” – from Melbourne, Australia
- “After one month of trying I became pregnant and had a beautiful healthy boy!” – from Georgia, USA
- “After over 7 years of trying to conceive and thousands of dollars spent on infertility treatments, I had actually succeeded to get pregnant the natural way without any drugs or medical intervention” – from Melbourne, Australia
- “I just wanted to say thank you for writing this program and for giving hope to women at my age. I am 46 and I am finally going to be a mother.” – from Berlin, Germany
|What do we recommend?
- We recommend that you buy it for several reasons
- It’s comprehensive, covers everything from basic anatomy and physiology to what can go wrong to how to fix them using a holistic/whole body approach
- The methods are 100% natural, so by following these guidelines, you can’t do any harm to yourself
- Because the methods are aimed at restoring normalcy in the whole body, and not just the reproductive system, the benefits don’t stop at curing infertility but continue to support your overall well-being as long as you stick to them. Whether you want to continue practicing the guidelines or not, after childbirth, is entirely your personal decision
- The bonus guides that come with it, “From PMS to PPD: Understanding the phases of the female body”, “The ultimate guide to relaxation” and “Pregnancy week by week” are also extremely useful for anyone trying to become pregnant
- It comes with a 60 day 100% money back guarantee. So there’s really no risk on your part. Buy it, read it, and if you think it’s not for you, just ask for a refund.
- You’re reading this because you or someone you know is struggling to get pregnant. You have absolutely nothing to lose, only to gain